Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is your favorite Beatle?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
John in the early days, Paul in the later days...John died, not from a bullet to the back, he died when Yoko corrupted his brain, the body lived, John died--Yoko's brainwashing was like a form of Alzheimers. I F'ing LOATH Yoko. Yoko is pure evil and ugliness. Overall, John's music was pretty damned BAD after the Beatles.

This is a load of ridiculous bullsh*t. I'm not a fan of Yoko but you're making it out like she was an evil sorcerer or something. John was purely capable of making his own decisions, I don't see how wanting to break free from the band so he can have full creative control over distributing his work because his former songwriting partner was turning into a control freak equates to "corrupting his brain".

Also, John Lennon's solo career is superb, the songs he wrote after the Beatles are on par with anything he wrote with the Beatles, nothing changed, his creativity continued to evolve, Yoko actually deserves a lot of credit for that, she was his muse in a way.

If you think Plastic Ono Band and Imagine were bad albums then I just don't know what to say, they're leagues beyond any of Paul's solo work.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote