Music Banter - View Single Post - Who is your favorite Beatle?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
Lennon's last really good stuff, for the most part, was the White album. (Abbey Road was all Paul and the two classic Harrison hits).
Uh????????

Come Together? I Want You (She's So Heavy)? Because?

I personally thought Lennon had the strongest songs on the album after Harrison. IMO it was Paul's songwriting that got weaker after The White album, not John's.

Let It Be had Accross The Universe and Don't Let Me Down which are two of Lennon's strongest.

Granted Lennon did some terrible stuff, like the avant garde collaborations with Yoko, but Plastic Ono Band and Imagine were both super consistant, near pefect albums.

Quote:
The White album was about the time he got mixed up with Yoko. John's songwriting skill went down greatly after that. John himself said, after the breakup of the Beatles, while he was "house husband" to Yoko, that "he had lost it"' meaning the ability to write songs.
I seriously don't understand how you think banging a Japanese postmodern artist magically turns you from one of the greatest songwriters of all time into a talentless hack.

I'm also very sure you're taking that quote grossly out of context. But it's typical of songwriters to be self degrading anyway, the best songwriters usually are.

Quote:
And who the hell are you to say I'm acting childish? WTF are you talking about? You have you're opinion, I have mine. If you don't like it, shut the hell up and move on. Obviously you are a fool not to see Yoko is a bad person, and not to see I'm speaking tongue in cheek by calling Yoko Satan...(There is no Satan as far as I know), but Yoko is clearly a manipulative, bad person. You must have done too much LSD back in the day. The world is not love and peace. Lennon himself gave up on that idea. Take off the beads, and take that flower out of your hair brother, wake up drink some coffee, and clue yourself in.

Read up brother... You have a lot to learn about Yoko.
Yeah around the same exact time you're saying he became a terrible songwriter.

Your argument falls flat in so many ways it's incredible. First off I am by no means a Yoko Ono fan, I think her music is terrible.

But I think you should refrain from calling her a bad person. Because to me a bad person is someone who goes to such ridiculous lengths to assassinate the character of someone they don't even f*cking know.

I hope you get banned very soon.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 03-20-2010 at 11:00 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote