Music Banter - View Single Post - Show Us Your Music Player
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #137 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Okay, time for a little update I've been using Foobar for a little while now and have also been working on a dark theme. This was completed quite a while ago (last post), but I've since had to redo a few things, mainly components which caused crashes. The peakmeter spectrum had to go for example.

Here's my current layout :

The above shows my ElPlaylist which is the one I normally use. As you can see, groups can collapse if you want, making browsing through albums quicker.

With a click of a button, you can switch to the columns playlist which can be useful for organizing files and so on. Sometimes, it's just easier to have a list of tracks without album art.

And then, with a click of another button, the whole thing becomes :

Which shows basically info / cycling artist pictures / lyrics ..

It's not something I use often, but if we have a party, I put my foobar on our LCD TV and it looks pretty good .. Although there's still more I could do to perfect that last one!

Aside from the visuals, there's a lot going on under the hood. The most important I guess is album art, artist pictures and lyrics are downloaded and stored on my HD automatically. I've finally gotten to where I want with foobar - almost - in regards to tagging as well. For genres, I use the discogs style-guide as a basis and have managed to modify/write some python scripts which fetch the right tags for me in a sensible way, minimizing the amount of requests sent to server and so on.

Foobar rocks!