Music Banter - View Single Post - Petition for Further Punitive Action to Spammers
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Default Petition for Further Punitive Action to Spammers

Ordinarily I would post this in the mod cave, but I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks about this. I've been wondering this for a while...

Why is it that spammers can continue to advertise for themselves in whatever media possible without any apparent repercussions? Shouldn't there be some sort of penalty that can be applied to their accounts in those locations? Don't those media-hosting sites have some obligation to prevent spam from leaking out their site?

I want to know if there's any extra incentive we can give people to think twice before they post about some garbage here. If that means talking to people from myspace, soundclick, etc., I don't see why we should have to pay them respect for the people who constantly feel the need to advertise here. I know Facebook has existing rules in place in reference to people advertising groups, false accounts and that sort of thing, is there any way we could do something about that?

I'm aware this doesn't apply to every spammer we see, but the majority of people seem to try to post-whore to fifteen, leave a link and bounce, or just open a thread and post everything after the www/. It seems like there should be some course of punitive action we could take to dissuade users from inundating us with all this goddamn nonsense.

Thoughts?