Music Banter - View Single Post - Mgmt
Thread: Mgmt
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #121 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiElectronica View Post
you can hear the whole new album on MGMT's website. I couldn't finish it really... bland and boring. will try again another day i'm sure but don't expect much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
Yeah i listened to a few tracks and was a bit underwhelmed by them. They just seem to be missing that bite that most of the tracks on Oracular Spectacular had. I certainly won't be expecting any big hits like Kids and Time To Pretend. It probably won't be a bad album overall after a few more listens, they sound like they're concentrating on an entire album this time rather than just a few killer singles. But i can see the fickle mainstream media, hungry for more 'Kids', tearing this album to shreds.
I'm listening to their new album right now after reading here that MGMT made it available online on their website. I agree with both of you that the new songs are rather bland and boring, lacking bite, compared to "Time to Pretend," "Kids," and "Electric Feel."

However, if you like a psychedelic retro kind of mellow sound, then MGMT's new album might appeal to you. I'm using it as background music while grading tests...and the songs work well for that! Sorry MGMT!

I'll have to listen to the lyrics later more carefully, because like Crowe said earlier I enjoyed the meaning of lyrics on Oracular Spectacular. I have no idea what these new songs are about and I've listened to 7 out of 9 now! The meaning doesn't leap out at you like the meaning of "Time to Pretend."
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote