Music Banter - View Single Post - Solipsism Syndrome
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #81 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
A soul can't be seen, has never been measured,...
That is true. I'm only guessing, to the ancient philosophers, things could be divided as seen and unseen, abstract and concrete, tangible and intangible, whatever nomenclature they used. The "body" is something tangilbe, you can use your five senses to detect it, but "soul" is something that can not be detected by the five senses. [I won't go into detail about the soul.] But there is a lot in science that has yet to be seen yet can be infered. What other abstract ideas would you say also need scientific approval for there existence? If you are going to approach it in a scientific way I wouldn't dismiss it just on the grounds it can be seen.

Quote:
we don't know of anything that could create souls and if souls are true, we don't know anything about how they behave - like are they eternal? Are they somehow recycled? Do they occupy more than one body throughout their existence? Do they go to a heaven or hell?
Those questions are answers by...

Quote:
The point is not they're a figment of people's imagination, although it could be. It's that discussing aggressively concepts which we can't prove exist outside fantasy is kind of futile.
strawmanning, I was discussing things passively

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote