Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 02:31 AM   #3632 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post

This album got a bit of panning from both critics and fans and it took a while to grow on me when it first came out but damn. Crank this loud and have fun. I don't think any bands come close to what Prodigy do whether you like it or not. Those basslines are thick as fuck.
Been wanting to get my hands on that for a while. A former flatmate of mine was quite the fan of that album, and I was pretty impressed with what I heard off of it. Can't remember any song titles though. That American Football album sounds pretty interesting too.

Been cranking the new Fall album again myself. Three listens since getting it, and it's still one of the best they've done in years. Red raw, loud as anything with some great basslines and the whole lot.

Also...

Chris Hillman - The Other Side

I don't have anywhere near a good amount of bluegrass in my music library, and albums like this make me wonder why. This here's one I downloaded last night, and judging by the first listen it sounds like an excellent, easygoing slice of bluegrass to me. The lyrics are hella corny, but I'm loving the melodies and musical arrangements all the same though. Also, it's putting me in the mood for the following album, which can't be a bad thing...

Elvis Costello - Secret, Profane and Sugarcane

Sir Elvis Costello's excellent latest effort, and a refreshing departure from the same-old-same-oldness that was the album he released before it.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote