Music Banter - View Single Post - Boo Boo 101
Thread: Boo Boo 101
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 AM   #82 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I stopped updating this for several reasons, primarly because of Unfan, Caveman and Sam being goddamn annoying.

But, I guess it's time to get this going again.

61. Agaetis Byrjun - Sigur Ros

I'm not a crazy big fan of this whole post rock thing but I make a major exception for Sigur Ros. Their music is really hard to get too in depth about really, what much is there to say? It's really purdy. Few bands can make music sound as atmospheric and larger than life. It always pisses me off when my fellow proggies at the archives go on about how this band isn't progressive because they use repetitive song structures. Give me a f*cking break.
Favorite tracks: Svefn G Englar, Starálfur, Olsen Olsen, Agaetis Byrjun, Ný batterí.

60. Richard D James Album - Aphex Twin

Further proof that DJs can indeed be virtuosos, what this guy does with software synthesizers and samples defiies explaination. He creates the craziest rhythms imaginable. It seems very chaotic from initual hearing but that's just an illusion, it's so tightly structured and what amazes me about electronica is how limitless and how much complete control the DJ has over everything like it's his own persona orchestra. You never know what kind of sounds will pop up.
Favorite tracks: 4, Cornish Acid, Fingerbib, Corn Mouth, Logan Rock Witch.

59. Warrior on the Edge of Time - Hawkwind

This band grows on me more everyday. This isn't their most consistant album but the strongest tracks more than make up for it. Very rarely does a band's music fit perfectly with their album covers but Hawkwind is one of those bands, it really doesn't sound like anything from this planet. The music is layered with guitars, sax, flute, violin, synths and mellotron and all blends together into one groovy psychedelic stew of awesomeness. And don't get me wrong, I could easily gone with Hall of the Mountain Grill, also a suberb album.
Favorite tracks: Assault and Battery, The Golden Void, The Demented Man, Magnu, Spiral Galaxy 28948, Dying Seas.

58. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

Goddamn, what a guitar sound this John Squire fella has. Combining 60s brit rock and 80s post punk would makes for such a sublime sound, this is just a lovely sounding record and range of different moods it takes you through is just effortless. It's a shame this band broke up so quickly, to say they had promise is an understatement.
Favorite tracks: I Wanna be Adored, She Bangs the Drums, Waterfall, Bye Bye Badman, I Am The Resurrection.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 03-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote