Music Banter - View Single Post - Boo Boo 101
Thread: Boo Boo 101
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #86 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

I wish I had come across this thread sooner, its pretty great. I've written down all sorts of albums you've listed on here that have perked my interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
80. Cosmo's Factory - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Hate on classic rock all you want, I have NEVER met a person who dosen't like CCR, in fact, they're the ONLY band in existance I can think of that no one talks trash about. Their music has such a universial appeal to the point that I'm convinced that anyone who dosen't like CCR, just dosen't like music. They're one of the best singles bands of all time. Their music defines music better than most rock bands could ever hope to achieve. It's hard to believe these guys are from California, they sound so damn southern. And Fogerty is such a great songwriter, and he has that distinctive voice that sounds like whiskey and cigarettes, and that delicious country fried guitar sound, and he tells these very poignant tales and coats them in honey like Lennon did that catches you off guard. It's funny, because CCR is my grandma's favorite band, yet she's very conservative, it's funny when she sings along to a song like Run Through the Jungle, then I have to explain to her what the song is actually about.
Favorite tracks: Run Through the Jungle, Around the Bend, Ramble Tamble, I Heard It Through The Grapevine.
I say you're 100% dead on with this one.
Along with, like you said, that ability to coat those poignant tales in honey, I have a feeling that him selling the rights of his songs is part of the reason people often misconstrue the message of his songs. Christ, what a stupid move that was. I remember the big scandal when Wrangler jeans used 'Forunate Son' in one of their commercials twisting the meaning of his lyrics and using just peices of them to make him sound gung-ho patriotic. It pretty much mocked everything he was trying to say in his song.
Ah, just another reason to hate Wrangler jeans.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote