Music Banter - View Single Post - Mgmt
Thread: Mgmt
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #127 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Yeah Siberian Breaks is the 12 minute one, I didn't like just that song though. I felt it flowed really well as an album, I much prefer it to Oracular.
Yes, I do feel the songs flow better or mesh better together on the Congratulations album, since they seem to be in a more similar genre than the songs in their first album.

Quote:
Which was Andrew's favourite on their last album? I'm quite shocked they've actually done this, I thought they'd just try and put another couple of good singles on and keep their success/popularity going.
I'm looking again at the video where I thought Andrew mentions this (below)...but I don't think he did. It is a funny interview, though, so I included it anyway! Those two crack me up...they sound so normal and weird like normal people are...mixing seriousness and humor.

Quote:
It's almost as if their first album.. they wanted fame and all things fame brought (time to pretend) and now they have seen the realities and want to make music, but have a more devoted fan base.

What did you think about the album as a whole?
I don't know if they were wanting fame or not...I don't think they were originally...they just like being goofy and funny!

And it is hard for me to decide what I feel about their new album. I don't dislike it. I think it will grow on me as I listen to it more. Plus, I like Andrew and Ben's philosophy and down-to-earth personalities, so that biases me in favor of their music. I do like their hits on the first album as well as some of the other songs on it (and not on it)...and so that is part of why I felt disappointed listening to the new album since I expected something similar.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote