Music Banter - View Single Post - Smoking in Bars/Public Places? Yea or Nay?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #130 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
Can't be bothered to read all of the pages but my $0.02 is this;

Smoking should be allowed in bars, and places typically frequented by adults who know what they're getting themselves into. I know, or knew I guess, that going to a bar there was going to be smoke there. And I"m fine with that.

But in restaurants where there are children, there shouldn't be as much as a smoking section. I have a 5 year old, and do my best to keep smoke away from her all the time. I don't smoke in the house, I don't smoke in the car.. I just generally don't smoke when she's around.

So yeah, smoke in bars, not in restaurants.

*edit* and the "workplace" thing needs an ammendment as well. I used to work in a factory where the air was so thick with smoke that you would literally be blowing black soot out of your nose for as much as an entire weekend (after not being there for 2 or 3 days) But we weren't allowed a smoking section, even outside. Lame.
in short yes, no, yes, kinda, WTF?

i won't read a few years worth of posts either but... i disagree with smoking in bars. when i lived in Ottawa it was MOTHERF*CKING COLD during the winter yet every bar had a bustling patio section year round since you couldn't smoke inside. i used to think the same way (that the ban was stupid) but then i remembered how crappy i felt when i used to go to bars before the ban took effect and how much nastier the hangover was, and how much nastier my clothes smelled. for me, winter patios are where it's at (at least when the owners know how to build them to shelter the patrons from the wind).

that workplace situation is just messed up. how is it that you weren't legally entitled to an outdoor smoking section. heck there are plenty of places out here that have had to build actual enclosures for the smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote