Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the Guitar Dead/Dying?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #53 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I personally more concerned with how it will evolve, not whether it is dying. It seems that a lot of the guitar in pop music is becoming part of the percussion. Although, in jazz thats kind of what it already was. Some of it is good, but I prefer more powerful guitar pieces and riffs and that sort of thing. Am I worrying too much and this is just a phase? I don't know.

I wish I could have been born (music wise) about ten years earlier than I was. Thats about where my taste in music is :p
I don't see why it would be of concern that musical instruments are used in innovative ways. If you're afraid that your style of music will no longer be made, then you should get used to it. I'm sure if you asked any senior citizen what type of music he/she prefers, it won't be Crunk, Trance, prog, or Metal. Hell, most of them probably don't like classic rock. Music changes and there's nothing you can do about it except stay listening to what you like while the rest of the world changes, or keep an open mind and listen to whatever comes along that sounds good to you.
You can still keep your taste, but it's a little unrealistic to hope that the world of music is going to grind to a stasis right where you want it to.

I don't mean to sound like I'm talking down to you, I'm just trying to put it in perspective.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote