Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #12624 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Nah, her comment was in a joking way.

The grudging comments are the ones held back. You'll see girls comment on other girls about how pretty they are when in reality, they're half-ass ugly. The girls know it. But it makes them feel good that they can make someone else feel good while still holding the cards. Nothing is at stake. They come out as a nice girl and it makes them look better.
But they can't throw those cards away when a real hottie comes along, so they'll just ignore it and pretend like they never saw the hottie so they can maintain face to the public... meanwhile they're looking for ways to call the girl a slut as to take the hotness down a notch with a chance of venereal diseases. lol...
It's not a pretty theory, but in my 29 years of existence around women (growing up in a house of 5 of them), I'm pretty confident it's not even a character flaw, but simply a deep-rooted survival mechanism or some shit.

I don't even think they mean to do it. But they do. All the time.
I think everything you've said is completely true, but especially the part in bold. I can't begin to count the number of times I'll crawl through FB, see some fugly girl and 10 comments on the pic all along the lines of "ooh, so pretty". But not one shows up when a sexy babe has a new pic up.

It's like a self-defense mechanism for the insecure.