Music Banter - View Single Post - Solipsism Syndrome
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #103 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

I had no allusions about perceived "evil" behavior of animals. What I meant by harmony could be phrased more like...they follow the Earth's natural patterns. Most animals, save for human interaction, keep a balance through the food chain, environmental conditions, and natural selection. Humans have all but done away with natural selection in the classic sense (and this could spark a whole other debate, I know). Humans do anything but keep with the Earth's natural activity. In fact, we do all we can to control it. The biggest problem I see that comes out of this is overpopulation. We keep the sick and old living for as long as we possibly can, which ends up costing us vital resources for the young and potentially healthy. Of course, this could spark a moral debate, but since it is completely pointless to deal in morals when we were just talking about animal behavior that could be considered "evil", I felt I should mention it.

I guess what I really want to know is how you think self awareness has impacted our behavior as animals. Would we have the same moral standards if we did not have self awareness?