Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Popular Ska Song?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

I do prefer the more rootsier side of Ska with bands like See Spot, Japonicas, The Aggrolites, Woogle and the Radio and The Pinstripes some of my faves but there is stull huge merit in the Ska Punk sound and I really like Flaming Tsunamis, Evil Empire and Adequate Seven amongst others but there has been a whole slew of Ska Punk band that sound virtually the same with no identity and very similar sounds.

I mentioned Capdown because I feel that their Punk sound is spot on and actually sounds like Punk and the Saxophone work of the lead singer adds a certain individualness to their sound and they are instantly recognisable when I hear them apart from their last album Wind Up Toys which had no Ska on at all and they completely changed their sound and split up not long after.

I meant 2 albums for the original line up only for Specials and forgot to mention that. I checked out a live disc and concert footage of Specials reunion gigs recently (even though mainman Jerry Dammers wasn't on board) and found them lacking unfortunately

It seems that you know your stuff though even if you do like Big D

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote