Music Banter - View Single Post - VEGANGELICA's Collection
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #189 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSTANToblivion View Post
Hi Erica,

I can see why you would feel apprehensive about posteing 'Hide'. Offending or upsetting someone isn't something you want to do, that's very understandable. You should never feel afraid of having a voice, and using it. Freedom of speech is something we all take for granted. Ironically enough, when we speak our mind there will be people who shoot us down, telling us that we can't. You passionately portray your strong beliefs, with much aggression, and that's what makes 'Hide' one of my favourites of all your lyrics. I think people have the right to voice their opinion, anyone that dismisses those opinions and say that they hold no relevance (when they do) need to think a little more.

While I don't share all of your thoughts on the subject I am aware that it can be quite barbaric the way these animals are treated. 'Hide' is one of the most passionate pieces of writing I've read in a long time, I'm so glad that you posted it...

I particularly love the last stanza.
Thank you, DiSTANToblivion, for your words and support...for seeing my aggression and anguish and not dismissing them, even as you have a different viewpoint in some ways.

I also value freedom of speech very, very much and feel sharing our views and feelings...especially about topics on which people are divided...is the foundation of a civilized and sane human society.

The last stanza is my favorite also. The last two stanzas were actually the ones I wrote first for this song.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts. They were very meaningful and helpful for me to hear, and I appreciated them greatly.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote