Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Tool Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 04:13 PM   #239 (permalink)
gotjuice
Rose City til I die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
If its from youtube, copy the embed link and add [Y.OUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] around it. Without the period there, obviously.

As for me, I kinda hope they don't make any more music. 10000 Days was great and all, but they lost their edge. Opiate to Undertow to Aenima to Lateralus....all totally different from each other yet completely awesome. 10000 Days just sounded like Lateralus part 2 to me...unless they completely shift, I think they are done. I think Maynard knows it, too.
I have to disagree here...I don't see 10,000 Days as a continuation of Lateralus at all. To me it's yet another progression of both their sound and their lyrics. Lateralus to me is cold, unfeeling, the references to planets and mathematical curves and sequences almost numbing. I get this feeling sonically too, especially with tracks like Reflection and The Patient. 10,000 Days is personal. It's warmer. Maynard lets us into the emotional ride he was on after his mother's death, and instead of abstract, vaguely stated references to human nature, Maynard is now far more direct. I see the differences between Lateralus and 10,000 Days like the differences between night and day, and which album I prefer really depends on how I'm feeling on any particular day.
gotjuice is offline   Reply With Quote