Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Willy Nelson a really good guitarist ?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Hi there,

Look forward to hearing some opinions.

Gordon.
Daktari, I'm glad you looking for some opinions, I consider Willie Nelson one of my specialties so I couldn't reply to your thread fast enough to assist you with this decision.

First things first, there are better guitar players out there, yes. None in the country music business mind you, but most certainly in the whole spectrum.

But let me tell you, any man who sings-
'...Now I am so much better,
and if my words don't come together,
listen to the melody,
for my love in its hiding'
(referring to 'A Song For You') and then shreds that son of a bitch right after would most certainly get some respect from me.
I feel his lyrics and voice go perfectly hand in hand with his guitar playing. He has almost a Spanish flair at times, and the fact that he likes to do duets with many artists of that genre even further my suspicions. I mean, its a sound all of its own.

My final point: Just look at the man guitar for christs sake

The fact that a person has to ask if he is 'not very good' really dissapoints me. What more do you want for the man?

Anyway Mr. Dave had a pretty good song choice there for you but here are just a few off the top of my head that you surely need to listen to if you haven't.

Both off of the Willie and Family Live album

1. Uncloudy Day (please try to block out Dyan Cannons horrid voice if at all possible)
2. Stay A Little Longer

Youtube didn't have what I wanted so I will have a couple of downloads of these songs for you tomorrow.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote