Music Banter - View Single Post - Katatonia
Thread: Katatonia
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 04:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
Petula07
♫ Music 'n' Sun ♫

Sooo, yesterday I had my first metal concert Really first because I wasn't so much into metal before.

Long Distance Calling were the first band, post-rock from Germany, good.
Swallow the Sun... Wow! Firstly I thought it's too heavy for me because it was the first time when I listened growl singing live. But at the end after concert, I realized they really catched my attention during their music and maybe little bit more than Katatonia. Eh, yeah, sorry for all Katatonia fans

Katatonia... Their music live is much more heavier than on CD so it was good point. But like I expected - some moments were little bit boring for me when I compared them with Swallow the sun because music of Swallow the sun has more diversity.
The result of the concert is that I like Katatonia and I will listen to them from time to time when I will have a mood for them. I really like voice of Jonas, it has some strange feeling. In his voice is something addictive what makes music of Katatonia good. Although it can be boring after long listening, his voice is the reason why I want to listen to them. Yes, really strange to be attracted by some music that I call "sometimes boring". But it is.
And live... some songs were really good and cool, I enjoyed My Twin, Forsaker. Maybe the most I enjoyed Ghost of the sun and Saw you drown. Also the last track of their show was really cool live but I don't remember a name.
It was nice to be there, I enjoyed all three bands. Although I was doubtful about Katatonia a lot, I can say some 2 songs were boring for me but the rest live was really good. Their music live is better than on CD.

Well, live songs on Youtube aren't good quality enough. So I found good older version of Ghost of sun

And at least some songs from tour 2010