Music Banter - View Single Post - Argh, I don't feel too good
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
It's alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

They usually occur when someone with lower tolerance decides to drink heavily for a protracted period of time (as in, across a weekend). It's the first step of the body's natural progression to physical dependency on alcohol. I've had them before and it scared me shitless, I haven't stopped drinking since but I certainly don't look to get drunk like I did before.

Water, bedrest and a few days' detox should help you sort it out. I know it's difficult to eat but you should still look to have a few light meals a day.
^Scared ****less sounds about right too although I am trying hard not to kid/scare myself into thinking I'm suffering from something I don't have I am fortunate that I have a caring girlfriend who's good at nursing me and keeping my spirits up. It does scare me when I wake up one day and just feel mentally and physically handicapped without knowing exactly why.

The withdrawal symptoms sound like a plausible hypothesis because it might explain why I felt bad a couple of days after and not immediately. The immediate day after, I felt relatively clear headed in the evening and my gf said I still smelled of alcohol then. It wasn't until wednesday I felt broken and it didn't really get much better during the day. Today is a bit better I'm finding out as I actually have felt a want to drink and eat.

I'm trying to detox now .. Loaded up on vitamins B! Thank you all for your posts JH, I'm gonna give soup and bananas a shot!