Music Banter - View Single Post - Most influential Individual in Music
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #89 (permalink)
Dancing_Princess18
Groupie

I have to vote Taylor Swift...for me I really understand her songs and feeling behind it. She is one of the few artist that I can sing along to the songs and sound on key. The beat to her songs are so upbeat and ketchy like Picture to burn or Love Story. Its the kind of song that you can listen to once and the whole song is stuck in your head even if you don't like it. I think "so far" she has been a great role model and she is from my state, so of course I have pride from that. I feel like the took a music genere that seemed to be dying and reform it and make it popular and noticed again. I've been a country fan for years, though it is hard to believe because up until the 6th grade, I hated country because my parents listened to it and I hated what I was forced to listen to. Then one day I gave it a try when my CD player batteries died and ended up really likeing it and became a fan ever since. Most of my friends hate country call it boring or lame, since Taylor Swift made it big they have gotten into country a little more and given it a chance granted alot of my other friends dispise her because she is as they call "over-rated." I have to really give her credit though, she went from nothing and worked hard to make it...she didn't get famous through a family member or some contest. She kept trying and put in hard work to make it and I am sure it wasn't easy. She really took a style that was made fun of amongst the younger generation and made it come alive again and for anyone to do that is just really amazing. She has inspired me to not be afraid to tell my friends that I like country, to not be ashamed of it around certain groups. If they make fun of me or dislike that well that is their opinon...I really think she inspired others of that too and there are more young star's in country music today.