Music Banter - View Single Post - It's been close to a year... Thoughts on Obama
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dancing_Princess18
Groupie

I am going to just state the obvious fact...Americans didn't vote Obama in because they thought he was going to turn the country around but voted him in to prove we aren't raciest and judgemental. I feel that if Obama were fully white then McCain would have won. It was all a race vote to prove something. I can prove that by saying look at the majority of the votes in the south and north. Most of the south voted McCain and most of the north voted Obama. It is still a divided country in that sense though many people want to cover it up. It was just one big race issue and I am not a raciest and I don't believe people should be judged according by skin color or religion but geeze talk about taking it to far? Vote someone in because of their race or religion, wtf? What happened to voting somebody in because you liked what they were offering and i've gotten in many debates over this when he was running and I told many people they'd regret voting him in that he'd do very little and they all laughed at me then disliked me since then because of my opinion and now half of them are complaning and I am like...I told you so. I am not saying everyone who voted for Obama did because of race but I am sure most people did. If you are going to vote someone in...don't because of race or sexism or something like that to prove. Vote somebody in because they will do a good job. One thing i've learned though is that politics are just liars. Promise things to get the vote then once they are in they do alot more damage. I would really like to see these canidates use these millions of dollars to help the American people and help our economy instead of using it for ads and pollute our earth even more. I think if somebody is going to run for office they would get a lot more votes and get noticed by using all the money to advertise to help save some people.

So now it comes to my views on him after this year...I think he is failing to do a lot of what he promised. I don't hear much about him where I live, and if he is going to sit around and do nothing the least he could do is pull a Bush move and make it look like he is doing something!! I disagree with the health care bill and feel that is just one step closer to communism. Every little thing the government does that takes away from us takes us on step closer there, most people are to blind to see it.