Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #2575 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revol View Post
Wow, 4-0 to Man City within 20 minutes of playing. Thoughts, right-track/CunningStunt?
Who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
United's first half display was shocking, apparently Drogba was offside, haven't seen it on the tele yet, I was at the other end of the ground and it was impossible to tell.

I heard it's pretty conclusive. Incompetent referees could cost us the league. I wouldn't mind as much - you win some you lose some. But when cunts say you never get decisions against United at Old Trafford.

Proud of Macheda, more movement and ideas he showed in 20 minutes than Berbatov showed in the entire game, big supporter of Berbatov at his time here, but if he doesn't do it in the big games, he doesn't cut the mustard. We need another striker.
Drogba definitely offside. Not even close. How the linesman didn't see it, God only knows!
Don't forget the dodgy decision that cost us 3 points at Stamford Bridge either.
Ref bottled it over 2 penalty calls. One for each.

To be honest I can't complain about the result.
Chelsea much the better team in the first half and looked fresher than a jaded United hungover from Wednesday night.
Berbatov isn't a striker as such and United would have been better off playing Macheda from the start...in front of Berbatov. His style of play is better suited deeper.
All is not well in the red camp, but still everything to play for.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote