Music Banter - View Single Post - It's been close to a year... Thoughts on Obama
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Do most people in your region have the same feelings about the healthcare reform? It would make me feel much better about it...all I hear around here is negativity. Maybe it's because I live in a highly conservative state, but it's getting tiring.

As far as Obama's other policies...the title of this thread says it all. He has only been in office for little more than ONE YEAR. I can't stand people saying, "well, it's been a year and the country isn't all fixed...he obviously failed." Right.
Is this a response to me? In Norway, we've had (near) free health care for as long as I can remember so the word reform confused me a bit. We're very happy about our health care system. Your own Michael Moore was here documenting some of how it is/works for the movie sicko, but it was left out as I guess he thought people would think it seemed too good to be true/believable. So - the bit about Norway was left out, but was included in the DVD extras. Instead of me presenting stuff about it, you can watch that clip on youtube if you'd like.

Not to offend, but I think americans are a bit slow to learn from other countries' politics. Now you've taken a step in the right direction I believe, at least concerning health care.