Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 04:08 AM   #360 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by james44754 View Post
When I press ctrl alt delete it pops up saying "taskmgr.exe is infected with worm Lsas.Blaster.Keylogger this worm is trying to send your credit card details using taskmgr.exe as a remote host" so it's not bringing up task manager.
Don't believe that. Blasters are worms, Keyloggers are not. They're simply mixing devious terms so you think it's important. Not only that, but task manager doesn't access network resources to send data. The information you're getting is part of the malware you already have.

Anyway, you might just have to first restart into Safe Mode and find the folder I mentioned that will have a random string of numbers as its name. These damn Malware progs change and get smart... But before you do all that, ensure that it's Security Tool that you're infected with, because if it's actually something else, their file might use a different naming convention and I'll need to find it online to let you know what to look for, so let me know on that.

Key characteristics of Security Tool Virus will be the addition of the Security Tool program on your desktop (shortcut) and will pop up a program that looks like it's scanning for viruses and will tell you your "infections", which are all false.

At the very least, reboot into Safe Mode and open up Task Manager and type to me all the processes that are currently running in the dialog box. I'll be able to identify which one doesn't belong, even if it takes a little research. Thing is, this dam Security virus isn't going to go away and you'll be plagued by it, so we need to get this licked ASAP.

If you can't open task manager while in safe mode, for some odd reason, then navigate to the folders I was talking about (Application data) and write a list of the folder names in there. If it comes up that we can't find the offending file folder, we'll go from there.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote