Music Banter - View Single Post - Is a Computer an Instrument?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #97 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Pick, pick, pick,pick,pick.

Mr. Neopolitan, do you ever agree with anything? Your silly question above asking why the microphone is the odd one out when in the previous sentence you say yourself that it is not a musical instrument.

Enough said and a Happy Easter to all, especially all you who struggle to see reason and are lacking somewhat in the good old fashioned common sense area, ha,ha...

Gordon.
I was only agreeing temporarily to what you said that it was "also not a musical instrument" by saying 'so even though a mic not an instrument' so that the it wouldn't to spiral out into another debate whether or not a microphone is a instrument. (In the hands of a human beat box one could consider a microphone an instrument - plus what Conan said about Mike Patton.) The micorphone does have something in common with the electric guitars, that both don't have in common with the drums. The microphone and the pick-up of an electric guitar are "transducers" while the drum set is an acoustic percussion instrument! So it is not the "odd one out" of the group. It's all about the pov and set theory.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 04-04-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote