Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #2488 (permalink)
Thrice
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
I whole-heartedly agree. Long ago, right about the time I began heavily exploring the world of psychotropic substances I came to the same conclusion you have, namely that any sort of stimulant or opiate-based drug is not for me. I'm still conscious and a bit cautious of synthetics and pharmaceuticals, but the fact remains that if the body load of a drug outweighs the positive mental effects it's just not worth it. Now I'm sure if you were to ask any psychonaut what their favorite high/drug-induced experience is they'd all have unique reasoning and evidence to support their choice. I, for one, am especially fond of both psychedelics and depressants. The feeling of being slowed down, of mental peace and calmness in the body has always appealed to me, and as such my drug experimentation has reflected these qualities. However, I will admit to dabbling with the use of MDMA, as well as cocaine and other mild stimulants. It is important to find out what you like, or what you can handle without jeopardizing your long-term health and sticking with that. The key to safe drug use is being informed as well as prepared for any unexpected negative experiences. Heavy and unchecked use of opiates and habit-forming stimulants, I feel, rob you of your ability to responsibly experiment with the mind's capabilities.
My man, took the words right out of my mouth. I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. I have exhausted the thought process thoroughly thinking of how certain people fit into categories based on their usage/likings. Stims/depressants/halls/opiates and such. It seems personal characteristics have a huge role in how the body and mind react to certain things. A quick example is as simple as ritalin. Apparently, high strung kids with 'ADHD/ADD' become more focused, as to where my mind goes nuts and cannot keep a thought train going for more than a minute. I enjoy depressants as well because it does the opposite, I like to indulge in thoughts and just relax. I have heard similar arguments brought up about opiates. I personally haven't ever really felt that great on them, actually I usually just feel like shit. Puking after ingestion of such is usually my favorite part.

Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote