Music Banter - View Single Post - Nastiest band break up poll
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:06 AM   #29 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfist View Post
I nominate a charminig bunch of lads that went by the name of MAYHEM... They were a norweigien black/death metal outfit.

Firstly their singer aptly named "Dead" commited suicide, upon discovering the body the Guitarist took photos of the corpse which later appeared on the cover of a bootlegged show, it was also alledged that he made a stew out of "Dead's" brain and made necklaces out of his skull fragments and gave them to other musicians he deemed worthy.

Flash forward a few years and you have the bassist murder the guitarist. I've heard two different accounts of why? The first and most hilarious is that the guitarist was murdered for wearing a white sweater thus shaming the "scene". Alternatetivly it Is said that the bassist thought the guitarist was going to kill him and film it, so he struck with a pre- emptive strike stabbing his band mate upwards of 20 times.

I'm not making this **** up. Google them for more wacky tales of debauchery.
The stories and myths surrounding Mayhem are quite popular and fairly common knowledge on these boards, actually, but yeah - they have an interesting story. Although there's been changes in lineup, they're still present and active though. Did they ever really break up? Not criticizing your suggestion, just curious.