Music Banter - View Single Post - The OFFICIAL King Crimson Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #90 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varro View Post
I adore Pink Floyd.

I've never even heard of King Crimson.

From the sounds of everyone's posts, I've been missing out heavily. This saddens me.

So if I were to get random and buy an album off, say... iTunes.. What would be a good album to download? Keep in mind that I'm a Pink Floyd nutter.. annnnd Go!
They're not very Pink Floydy and are a bit harder to get into and their albums differ in style a lot. In the early years, they went through a lot of line-up changes, were highly experimental and didn't want to make the same album twice. Still, an album you can't go wrong with when it comes to them is their debut, In the Court of the Crimson King, from 1969. It's regarded as an immortal prog classic and is, without a doubt, their most famous release.

After that, I like Red from 1974, but it's quite different.

Here are the first tracks from both albums (both KC classics)!

"21st Century Schizoid Man" from In the Court of the Crimson King :

And "Red" from Red :

edit :

By the way, there are plenty of KC album reviews on the site. Check out the album review index under the letter K to find them Or just click here :

http://www.musicbanter.com/album-rev...tml#post607929

Seltzer is our most dedicated KC reviewer I believe when it comes to sheer amount of pure info in his reviews and if you'd like to check out their later stuff, Anteater's review of THRAK (an interesting album) was also excellent!