Music Banter - View Single Post - The last Shadow Puppets
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

It's not Alex Turner's project as he's not the leader of the Last Shadow Puppets, Miles Kane is. People should stop comparing these two. Why don't we compare them to The Rascals for a change.

Anyway, I don't like the Arctic Monkeys or The Rascals, still I'm addicted to the Last Shadow Puppets, and 2 years after the release of their album. They're definitely underrated. I consider the album The Age of the Understatement, to be a kind of a concept album, it should be listened to from beginning till the end, moving from edgy fast tempos to mellow heart breaking tunes. It just balances itself in a way, you feel there's a lifetime being told to you throughout the album. Finally, it's got the greatest arrangements, so epic at times with the London Metropolitan Orchestra, and then you relax with the smooth acoustic guitar accompaniment.

So, my most played track, according to my iTunes:

Enjoy.

Edit: Btw, that is the band that got me to listen to The Beatles, after reading that the members' main influence is John Lennon... and of course with that mop top look, it was kinda obvious. I guess that's why they have a special place in my heart. To most it's Oasis, that got them interested with the 60s, to me it's these guys.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote