Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands that have lost key members
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfist View Post
Whilst not the front man lee Roth was I'm sure we all agree Hagar was a far superiour vocalist,

Acca Dacca were not a weaker band without Bon, just different. They actully missed Phil Rudd more when he had his hiatus.

Slayer without Lombardo were not as threatening a line up.
You might be right about AC/DC, but I just prefer Bon's style because it was very distinct. When Brian Johnson tries to sing the songs they wrote with Bon, he's obviously killing himself trying to reach that range, and it's always been that way. I think Bon had him aced.

Slayer? I don't know, man. I gotta admit that Lombardo is the original and a world class drummer, but I also dig the work they did with Paul Bostaph. Divine Intervention is my second favorite Slayer album next to Reign in Blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinWasAdopted View Post
I don't think he ever played any shows without Noel/Mitch under that name? He might've without Noel, but Billy Cox was awesome anyway. Buddy Miles, on the other hand....
What's wrong with Buddy Miles? He wasn't as good a drummer as Mitch Mitchell in my opinion, but I think he was a better singer than Hendrix.

@gunnels

Totally spaced Queen. I forgot they embarrassed themselves by getting back together.