Music Banter - View Single Post - Argh, I don't feel too good
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #58 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
To you who know alcoholics, how are they with alcohol? Do they drink a little every day or is it a lot? Are they often completely wasted?
Supposedly, my brother started drinking at age 14. I don't know how true this is though, seems like it would be hard to get that past parents, at least MY parents. I would say at one time he was a "functioning alcoholic". Had to drink a few beers everyday, maybe a bit of hard liquor. Now he's progressed well beyond that, to the point where he won't be able to get out of bed for a week. We've found empty gallon jugs of vodka and other miscellaneous liquor in his room. He used to absolutely detest wine. Now he'll drink it straight outta the bottle in what seems like one swig. He even drank my mom's vanilla flavoring (she uses it for baking). Two huge bottles...gone.

The sad thing is, I truly believe he is miserable and wants to quit. That's why he just quits suddenly. One day he wakes up and decides he wants to stop...but his body can't handle that anymore. So the weaning process begins. After that rough period, he'll do great for 1 week, maybe 2...and then it's back off the wagon he falls. Someday the wagon's gonna run him over though.