Music Banter - View Single Post - John Mayer sounds good but...
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 03:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
jamieharrismusic
Groupie

Default John Mayer sounds good but...

Ok so im a die hard John Mayer fan. I have seen any live videos he has, any dvds, listened to and studied all his music, and i really enjoy it. Its a chill style with SICK guitar.

Well lately his interviews, and his attitude on MTV and in People magazine has been somewhat disturbing. I feel as a musician, and a great musician at that, he should be presenting himself more appropriately... Now dont get me wrong, who am i to talk down on one of the most successful musicians of all time! I don't at all mean to say i got all my stuff figured out, but i do feel a little bothered by the way he degrades women and has lack of concern for certain individuals moral standings. I feel his arrogance really interferes with his music in the sense that it contradicts some things he stands for. Listen to "Waitin' on the World to Change" then read his interview about intercourse and self-sexual-pleasures.... I get confused...

anyway, im not looking to judge him or degrade him, just seeing what other peoples interpretation of the situation is!!!

thanks!
jamieharrismusic is offline   Reply With Quote