Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #2597 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post

Best of luck to them too. Zenden's goal on Saturday was one of the best I've seen this season - can see Brucey & co making a push up the table from now.

As for Wigan, they'll stay up. Pisses me off how much the press are making of their being being where they are though - Burnley are as good as gone, and we're in as much danger of filling in that last spot as three other teams for chrissakes. If, as I've been told, we're four points from safety, I can definitely see us getting that many points with a game or two to spare.
Mathematically you're very much stll in it but yeah, you lot should be fine. I know Hull have a game in hand to make it even tighter down there but i just cant see Hull or Burnley getting out of the bottom three and if they do, West Ham are in more immediate danger than Wigan.

Zendens finish was awesome yeah. We haven't gotten many really flashy goals like that this season, or since we got promoted really so it was nice to see. The last couple of seasons, this one especally have been really frustrating at times. We've done well to stay up, which is the main priority. But we show promise yet have no consistency.

We took a point at Old Trafford (missed out on all 3 by a matter of seconds), a point at Villa Park, beat Liverpool and Arsenal at home, missed out on all 3 against Man City by seconds as well at home as well narrowly missing out on getting something at Eastlands. When you score 3 goals away from home, you dont expect to get beat 4-3 but it was a strong performance.

We've had some good results this season and showed alot of promise that as we strengthen the squad and continue to improve we can maybe have some success over the next couple of seasons but 14 game winless streaks are the other end of our spectrum. You cant do that in the Premiership.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote