Music Banter - View Single Post - I, Me, My Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #42 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
It's time to revive this now.

I had a lot of work to do lately, and I didn't want to continue before I post this short stop-motion I collaborated in, as I am kind of a short-movie/animation buff. It's nothing much, it's not really "music related", it's just something I've been trying to upload for the last 4 months, nothing too serious...

So here it is finally, the long awaited Rocky Raccoon, the Story:
That was like The Shawshenk Redemption (one of my favorite movies) meets the Wild West!

I like the sound of crashing glass followed by suspenseful music. I could feel the suspense. I also liked the scene of Nancy and Rocky sitting with their mugs by the frying pan, and the sound of the thunk of the pistol butt being used to nail up the "Wanted" Poster.

But I am confused about one plot element: how did Rocky *know* Eldorado Jo was planning to kidnap Nancy? Rocky seems to have been jumping to conclusions there, although it is likely that in domestic violence cases a former lover escaped from prison might hunt down his partner to kidnap her, or worse. I suppose perhaps I'm looking for too much logic in a short movie that begins with a woman being rescued...from a kitten!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote