Music Banter - View Single Post - Shutter Island ending *MAJOR SPOILER.*
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNineDream View Post
_His wife was bleeding from her stomach when he dreamt about her, and she was always wet "Why wet baby"
_The wife whispering to him "The killer is still here"
_Actually showing the past, when he first talks about his wife on the ferry (5 minutes into the movie)... they're definitely telling us that THERE's where our story's going.
_The whole fantasy/surreal way the whole building was shot, before entering it. It's like, they're entering a haunted house.
_He actually imagined 3 children: 2 boys, 1 girl. If there was not children in his mind, he would've dreamt about silhouettes.
_When he was talking to this person in Bloc C, didn't you ask yourself "why is that crazy person so wise?"...

When you remember the story, the key shots were about his dreams and his period in the army. Nothing in these, didn't scream "insane" ...
Hmm, well another one, if it's role play why did the woman whilst doing role play write RUN. I think I believe he's sane because there are some clues that point to that and I want him to be sane.

His wife said if you go into the lighthouse it will be the end of you, she was right. His first dream, when he wasn't pumped up with Cawley's pills, he dreampt about her in a building that was burning down..

It seemed like, how many patients were in there? How can you do role play for ONE person, fake guards wasting their time outside a lighthouse guarding it.

The children thing did confuse me, he had 2 boys 1 girl, why did he only focus on the 1 girl? When Dr Cawley showed him the pictures he said "you should know this one" (or something along them lines, memory has faded a bit.)
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote