Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh be city
Thread: Oh be city
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I don't know a single person gaining massive poundage from pork grinds, and anyway they're not that bad, and they are definitely not as as bad as high calorie soft drinks or soda, In fact if your dieting it's not a bad choice for a snack, and hot sauce is good on them too, but I would eat them every day maybe once in a blue moon. And I don't know anyone eating five Big Macs a day, maybe five times a week, even that is excessive. Still there is a big difference between 260 hamburgers and 1825 hamburgers a year. (I'm not defending parents who abuse their children with Mickey D's on a regualr basis.)

Sometimes a person could be heavy but not becase it was meant to be (eg the fat gene) or even by choice, the problem behind being ovewrweight could be a hidden medical issue, it could be a glandular problem. I know a lot of people who take pov of "it's their fault" for whatever medical problem. I hear people say a person with depression that it's their fault they make themselves depress. People believe lactose intolerence is all psychological. I know there are certain medical problems rooted in person psyche but everyone of them and certain issue get stigmatized believe it's entirely the persons fault. I think this is the case with obesity, there are different causes, but I don't judge because that person could be suffering from some meidical condition.

If a person is 50 pounds overweight maybe it's because of poor eating habits, but if a person is 100 or 200 I think it has to be medical issue. I know someone who said his doctor was going to drop as a patient if he didn't loose weight. It a shame he seriously diets and hardly eats anything and exercises a few times a week but the pounds won't come off. And I don't understand why the doctor said that to him, the doctor should be doing something to find out what the cause him being overweight. I think doctors should take into consideration whether or not overweight is cause by a medical condition. I heard doctors in the Uk believe that being overweight could be caused by a virus. BBC NEWS | Health | Can a common virus make you fat?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote