Music Banter - View Single Post - Dr.Panties prescribes...
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #50 (permalink)
Dr.Panties
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by proto-punk View Post
you are a very very interesting doctor. i would be quite uncomfortable having you as a doctor but absouletly welcome to have you as a friend haha
I need all the friends I can get right now, believe me...for the upcoming class action lawsuit.

Sigh.

So, friend/s, cool kids, and the insecure, at long last I have managed to return to this lovely little forum.

"But...but, where hast thou beeneth, Dr.Panties!?" I hear you collectively and anachronistically yelp.

Well, let's just say that a failed experiment (involving several vibrators and an old x-ray machine) effectively vaporised the portion of my brain reserved for storing internet forum passwords. It did, however, feel quite nice at the time.

Additionally, I have developed "Tourette's Finger".
Phucky-shucky-belch-batch.

Ahem...and that's not the worst of this condition, believe you me. Waking up with my index finger inside Sarah Palin is no laughing matter.

Sigh.

Yes, kind people, times have been tough for the..."good"...doctor, but I still retain my license, and am therefore still able to proffer prescriptions for thine ears.

Let me begin with:
The Crooked Fiddle Band
Eps: Self-titled
"Rise"

A wonderful Australian band who delight in playing, and I quote: "chainsaw gypsy punk music". Almost entirely instrumental, this fiddle, bass, drums and guitar combo push folk punk into the realms of folk metal. Very frantic and contagious (in a good way, not like herpes, for instance). Buy and support! Cheap! Very cheap!

Next we have:
The Futureheads

Albums: Self-titled
"News and Tributes"

Incredibly well-crafted alternative power pop. These guys have more hooks than a red light district in Amsterdam, of which I would know absolutely nothing. Frantic, melodic and downright catchy, their grasp of structure and melodic harmonies really deserves a place inside your ears. Listen! aND LOVE!
cAPS lOCK!

Sigh.

On a final note, what on earth has happened to all of the decent April Fool's jokes? I recently received a memo from Nurse Felch, detailing her one night stand with a...ahem...prominent member of Hootie and the Blowfish. Can you guess on which date the following prank was executed?

"It's ok, Nurse Felch, I'm wearing a condom...unnngh-aaaaaaApril Fool's!"

Reprehensible behaviour, Hootie. Reprehensible, I say!