Music Banter - View Single Post - Football Summer 2010 transfer market
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Default Football Summer 2010 transfer market

I wasn't sure whether to create its own thread or put it in the English football thread. I went for its own thread.. As the season's drawing to a close and the transfer market imminent, who would you like your club to sign? Say what club you support followed by your predicted budget for your club, who would you sell (if anyone) and who would you bring in and why.

Supports: Manchester United
Budget: £60mil

Ins:
Jack Rodwell £20mil
Luca Modric £20mil
Joe Cole (Free)
Either.. Dzeko £15 or Benzema (loan, long shot but you never know.)

Why? I think Jack Rodwell is one for the future, versatile, quick, good reading of the game for someone so young, Luca Mordic is just brilliant, from his touch to his passing to his eye for goal. Joe Cole would be a great asset especially since he's free. Dzeko would score goals, Nani/Valencia/Cole with the service, Rooney and Dzeko up front poaching. If not Dzeko I'd be happy with Benzema, I feel he's more unproven than other strikers but if anyone can get the best out of him it'll be SAF.

Out:

Michael Owen
Darren Gibson

Why? Unfortunately I don't think Mickey Owen is good enough for this team, which is a real shame, Coming from a relegated side into competing for the championship is a big stretch. One of the best English centre fowards we've seen but I think yet another injury is just one too many. As For Darren, it's a matter of if he wants to leave and feels he won't get regular enough football with the two midfielders that have been signed. I don't feel like he's good enough at the moment, brilliant shot not much else. But then again when Fletcher was his age he wasn't good enough either..

That would be my perfect summer.
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote