Music Banter - View Single Post - Football Summer 2010 transfer market
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Good idea for a thread this. My thoughts on the matter;

Supports: Wigan Athletic
Budget: £10-15million (we've still got plenty left from the Palacios and Valencia transfers, so maybe even more than that).

Ins:
Ryan Shawcross
Papa Bouba Diop
Joe Ledley
Aiden McGeady
Nathan Ellington

There's no denying the team needs a lot of investment in the summer. The above are players I can see Martinez at least going for. Ryan Shawcross, apart from being able to scare the shit out of opposition attackers since the 'Ramsey incident', is a fairly reliable and tough centre half, and it'd be great having him in contention when Emerson Boyce and Gary Caldwell are unavailable (as they are now, which is one reason why Wigan aren't exactly doing great at the minute). Papa Bouba Diop's not getting any younger, but our midfield lacks agood old-fashioned tough tackler, and I think he'd do the business. Joe Ledley of Cardiff's a good young midfielder, should be able to add a bit more to te midfield. Nathan Ellington's career's gone down the shitter ever since he left Wigan, and he's proven he can be a handful for defences in this league before, so he really should come back home. Aiden McGeady's a good, tricky winger and can score goals too, and if we can pluck him from Celtic he'll fit superbly into Martinez's system here.

Those are the ones I'll sign when I get a copy of Football Manager 2011 this summer anyway.

Outs:

Vladimir Stojkovic
Erik Edman
Paul Scharner
Jordi Gomez
Jason Scotland

Paul Scharner used to be one of my favourite players here, but either he's completely lost the plot this last season or he just can't function under Martinez's system. On he goes then. Jordi Gomez serves no purpose here other than to disrupt our flow when he comes off the bench and as such, along with Scharner, has cost us a lot of games this season. Jason Scotland and Erik Edman are definitive dead wood - they simply have to go, no matter what the price. Vladimir Stojkovic is simply no Premier League goalkeeper as well, so he really should go too.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote