Music Banter - View Single Post - Tips for singing..
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

i can see what you mean with screaming. i don't scream very much myself, and if i do it's likely to cap off a crescendo or a climax which created the scream on my behalf. it's not something i practice or try to do. all i know about screaming, is that if it's going to be done regularly there will be resulting callouses which (i am assuming) will need to be kept in good shape themselves.

i'm not familiar with the current state of serj tankien's voice, but gather it's not doing so well. that sucks. he had a really unique thing going on.

and yes, people can definitely be pretentious when it comes to music. it's my belief that this has much to do with a lack of personal identity on a mass scale.

and besides, who the f*ck are we to say what anybody else should sound like? given, it's natural to like and not like certain things, but to say you like an artist in their entirety is to expect their next album to sound exactly as you like. to base a functioning market on these findings leads to artists who just strive to fit in, which is to say, is to get rid of art.

Last edited by P A N; 04-08-2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: graemr.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote