Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #2451 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
It's like asking whether Elvis is the King of Rock N' Roll. Yes times infinity.
lol that's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I think the reason only safe artists being nominated is because of the way the voting works.
I said pretty much from the start that it's pointless counting 'No' votes against 'Yes' votes.

You need a huge number of Yes votes to get in just to counteract the 'No' votes. Because of this only safe artists will get in.

Let's just have a prerequisite number of Yes votes needed, say 15 or 20 and let them have a week to get to that total.
It'll totally freshen up this thread.

Maybe the "yes" should reach a certain percentage. Like say a group gets 17 "yes" votes vs. 13 "no" that 56.6%. Out of 30 votes, even though it's a four vote difference and it can be said they won by a majority, it isn't a very unaniamous decision to the other 14 voters. Shouldn't a reasonable percentage of the votes be the goal to reach for the artist to be accepted in the HoF? At least just for "safe" artist, then drop it for the unsafe or not-so-popular artist.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards