Music Banter - View Single Post - A Wicked Clubbing Experience
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
wickedlk
It's my Mau5head!

I've not had much to shout about recently so have disappointingly let this journal slide a bit :/ However, with the summer approaching, I'm growing ever more excited about what's in store in the not too distant future, starting with Pendulum and Sub Focus next month

Anyways,

Nitrous Oxide
Dreamcatcher

Nitrous Oxide is one of many rising stars from Eastern Europe and has made many appearances on the Trance scene, collaborating with a whole host of fellow DJs. He is also responsible for one of my favourite tunes of last year, the epic Magenta

This album starts off with an 'intro' track that works on a level that I can't really describe. On the surface it leaves me wanting more (Alderaan will be remixed, that I guarantee) and it also intrigues me because anybody can see the potential of it. It just baffles me why this album isn't given the explosive start that it could and maybe should have.

From here, it seems as if we're going to build gradually with the progressive, but not quite dreamy North Pole and Mirror's Edge. Neither really capture my imagination as I thought they might.

Follow you is the first track that has me scrabbling around looking for the 'like' button. I like this, there's enough of a hook without being dominated by the bassline. This is what I've been looking for, I can lie back now and drift into a higher state of consciousness!

Muriwai is a lovely chilled out affair and I could go to sleep now. I'm dreaming of flying over the rainforest - it's raining hard but that doesn't matter, I'm still amazed by the beauty and humbled by the vastness of it all. Lull before the storm? Certainly seems like it now we're getting toward the business end of things. Blurry Motion is definitely harder than what has proceeded and it builds nicely to a foot tapping crescendo. Then the sun definitely sets with Downforce, Come Into My World and Dreamcatcher. Glow sticks at the ready because right now I'm at Global having some great fun and a bit of a rave!

Right, now we're on a bit of a comedown. Far Away looks to guide us out the other side of the storm with it's dreamy vocals and light-hearted melody. Endorphine gives me one last awesome head rush (sting in the tail) before Supra and the amazing Amnesia (Chillout mix) finish off what is an excellent debut album from one the hottest producers around at the moment.

I'm sure we'll be hearing plenty of this record in various different forms over the coming months. I, for one, cannot wait!