Music Banter - View Single Post - Football Summer 2010 transfer market
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Shawcross actually has a clause in his Stoke contract saying that Man Utd get first refusal on him seeing as they sold him to them in the first place.
Oh really? I hadn't heard anything about that, I heard a rumour and an apparently Shawcross said he didn't want to come back. Sounded like the rumour and the 'statement' were bollocks but I dunno. If he came back I'd welcome him with open arms, but I feel there would be better options out there should Vidic decide to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
20m for Rodwell? Really?

Thats not meant to be sarcastic or anything, i'm just wondering if he's really worth that large a price tag.
Aye. I remember when the Rooney transfer went through, there was a bit of outrage - 25million for a unproven kid, I mean we signed him because of a goal against a big side (THAT Arsenal goal) and a couple of other good performances, Rodwell scored a goal against us as well as a few solid performances, on the United fan forum people bumped a thread from 2004 regarding the Rooney transfer and some of the comments were laughable.

I think 20million would be an investment, well worth it IMO. Versatile as well which is always a plus. How come you don't think he's worth it? When you consider the market today, English U21.. you're looking at 16 million for James Milner, decent player but no where near worth that.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote