Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #1237 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Dieselboy sent me: Rob Dougan's Furious Angels

He had said that he didn't have anything really "depressing" so he sent this. I didn't know what to expect cause I never heard of him before but I knew he liked Electronica so I was excited. Then I started listening to it. A mix of vocals, classical, and Electronica.. had I known such an album existed I would've had it a long, LONG time ago. Some songs are more on the Electronica/Vocal side of things like Nothing at All and some on the more Classical side like Will You Follow Me? The majority though are a summation of the two. To me, it sounds like something I'd listen to at the end of the world. That's good and bad. Good, because it sounds like the end of the world and is very commanding and powerful but at the same time it's quite melodramatic. There's something about the melodramaticism that separates it from those annoying bands like Epica. Overall, something I thoroughly enjoy and definitely will be listening to quite a bit! 8+/10

duga sent me Ser Jorge - Cru

I had no idea what to expect when I heard "portguese singer". I'm a finicky mofo when it comes to music and because of my OCD, I tend to either stay inside my box or go WAY outside of it. One note in a melody can make it or break it. I get very clear images in my head from certain notes and chord progression; a beach at daytime or nighttime, cloudy or sunny, what I'm looking at, where I am, why, etc. This whole CD just feels so lighthearted and makes me feel like I'm on vacation and I'm standing with my sunglasses on, sweating like a mofo, wondering if I should go to the beach or see if Kristy is done at the spa and then get something to eat. Then there's songs like Fiore de la Citta that sounds like the soundtrack for the morning where you're awake earlier than you should but, for once, got enough sleep. You're in a good mood and no one's going to screw that up. It's not very often that I get so much positive imagery from one CD. This is PERFECT summer music. THANK YOU! 8+/10

Note: Furious Angels made me think of a Rainy Sunday in front of an old church I use to go to called St. Matthews. It also used to be our movie day.. and it also makes me think of muted colors and cinnamon buns.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote