Music Banter - View Single Post - John Mayer sounds good but...
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
It's best to seperate a musicians music from their character/personality.
really? i don't think i've ever even thought of that as possible, let alone the most appropriate course of action when considering music and it's "creators." if character and personality didn't play a role in music or the speculation related to the experience one has with it as a thing carried out by human beings, there would only be one note and all music would consist of that same note at the same volume with the same timbre playing forever.

what a weird thing to think about. john lennon's imagine came from a man who's character and personality were CONCERNED. trent reznor had character and personality traits that allowed him to fall into a deep f*uckin hole and his music reeks of that stench. i'm sure i could make a lifelong project of naming all the good music (and terrible music too!) that is a direct result of characters and personalities.

...particularly being that a notable percentage of music has words, and the words that come out of peoples' mouths are merely little signposts along the chronology of their lives. you don't say the same stupid sh*t you did when you were 5, because you're not that person anymore... the personality you were when you were 5 would also have created different music than that which you would create now.

EDIT: this is probably close to totally unbiased in that i know very little about john mayer. it's just never caught my eye enough to pay close attention to, and i mean that in the most ignorant way you can possibly imagine. (yes, i just said that.)

Last edited by P A N; 04-09-2010 at 04:02 PM.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote