Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #1239 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post

duga sent me Ser Jorge - Cru

I had no idea what to expect when I heard "portguese singer". I'm a finicky mofo when it comes to music and because of my OCD, I tend to either stay inside my box or go WAY outside of it.

It's not very often that I get so much positive imagery from one CD. This is PERFECT summer music. THANK YOU! 8+/10
Yeah, I was a bit nervous sending it but I really feel more people need to listen to Seu Jorge. He is incredibly talented, and as you said, the CD is just one big happy trip. I play it on sunny days all the time. I'm glad you enjoyed it as well!

Now to review yours:

Library Tapes - A Summer Beneath the Trees

I've received a few recommendations from CanwllCorfe before as well as checking them out in his posts around MB, so I trusted his judgment so far. Overall, this album was very enjoyable. It is very slow and melodic experimental music. I wouldn't go so far as to call it ambient, but it definitely creates and atmosphere and draws you in. Library Tapes is pretty much one guy from Sweden named David Wenngren.

I would love to comment on individual songs, but there really isn't a standout. It all kind of blends together into one giant music experience. One big complaint I have for the album is I really wish there was a bit more variation in tempo. I listened to the album a couple times, each time spacing out and getting lost in my own thoughts. Though it was enjoyable, it's not something I think I will turn to all the time. It is good for reading or when you are doing something that requires minimal distraction.

I'd give it a 7/10 based on the talent this guy has and how he succeeds in accomplishing what he set out to do...and that is create atmosphere and imagery in your mind through nothing but instrumentation.

Thanks, CanwllCorfe!