Music Banter - View Single Post - Modest Mouse
Thread: Modest Mouse
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:14 AM   #562 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
I love the Arctic Monkeys but I usually have no idea what their lyrics are about because of the accent and "language" barrier.

In this country guys drinking Smirinoff ices = pussies.

Trailer trash would be more likely to dress in a wife beater and ripped up jeans, but it is more of a product of being poor and a lack of positive role-models than anything else. I doubt they think they look good in it...
alreet = alright. I think they are a very northen English band. A person from the south might not 'get them.' I'm surprised they appeal to a mass audience because they're so damn British.

'Chavs' tend to drink their 2 Smirnoff Ices and then they act like complete drunken knobs.

I think 'Chavs' are like trailer trash in a sense, they come from council houses. (Dunno if you know what they are but if that's a language barrier thing then the council is erm.. like a local athorities/the people that look after their area. So they give poor people crappy houses to live in.) so in that respect they're similar. Both poor.. some Chavs actually come from middle class environments but they just like to fit in.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote