Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 01:39 AM   #10966 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I liked this album, but I felt it was a little too long. Feels like I've been listening ages when I'm only on track 4 or something.
Well that sucks to hear. Like you, I don't like overly long albums. Even if they just feel long but aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I usually can't stand pop punk, but I wiki'd it.. I liked the album length and the album art. I'm into it, I really like it. No problem with the vocals either, and a lot of the times for me that can be a bands down fall, if I can't stand their voice/believe what they're singing I'll shy away.
I had a bit of a problem with the vocals when I first heard them. A bit nasally, and a style more associated with indie than pop punk (I feel the music is where pop punk comes in). But I really like their last one and this one. I've tried Fuckin-A but haven't gotten into it. I think part of it is that he never seems to shut up, which can get old. The last album was a good length though, at about 35 minutes. For an album with a steady pace and a band with nearly constant vocals, that's about perfect.