Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:54 AM   #10967 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Well that sucks to hear. Like you, I don't like overly long albums. Even if they just feel long but aren't.
I think Farms was quite long for an album, bit of a shame because they do have some good songs there. They're just overdone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I had a bit of a problem with the vocals when I first heard them. A bit nasally, and a style more associated with indie than pop punk (I feel the music is where pop punk comes in). But I really like their last one and this one. I've tried Fuckin-A but haven't gotten into it. I think part of it is that he never seems to shut up, which can get old. The last album was a good length though, at about 35 minutes. For an album with a steady pace and a band with nearly constant vocals, that's about perfect.
I didn't know about this band until recently, Violent & Funky mentioned the album and I decided to give it a try, not really heard the others to cast a vote. Only heard Fuckin-A once. But The Body.. was instant with me, really liked it. I thought the vocals fit the music really well but that's just me. I do agree with the 'Indie' voice, but I felt it mixed the pop punk and Indie well.. Albums between 30 and 40 minutes are what I look for. Vampire Weekend's debut was like 30 minutes, straight to the point and I like that.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote